Please click on an award category to view its description, the entry criteria and to enter online.
SUPPLIER AWARDS ENTRY COSTS
Discounted rates are available on multiple entries: There is no limit to how many categories you can enter.
Entry: £250 + VAT
3 entries: £225 + VAT each
4 or more entries: £200 + VAT each
Entry Deadline: Thursday 6th August 2020
SUPPLIER AWARDS 2020
Are determined by an industry vote by suppliers. The list of the categories is shown below:
Luxury Drinks Launch of the Year
This award celebrates the world’s finest and luxury drinks brands launched into the travel retail sector in the last twelve months. Products entered must have a minimum retail value of $500 or more.
Travel Retail Exclusive of the Year
This award recognises exclusive brands that have launched specifically for the duty-free sector. This can be either Limited Editions or Travel Retail Exclusives.
Drinks Launch of the Year
This can be any alcoholic drink launched into the travel retail market in the past twelve months. Sales and penetration statistics should be sent to support this entry.
Drinks Innovation of the Year
This award recognises a brand initiative that is revolutionary to the travel retail sector. This could be the launch of a new style or category of alcoholic drink, a new product, new technology or new innovative packaging systems that will significantly change the future. The initiative must have been introduced into travel retail in the past 12 months.
New Design of a Drinks Brand
This award recognises brands with new packaging launched into travel retail within the past twelve months. The judges are in search of the design which successfully executes the objectives set within its original brief.
Redesign/Re-Launch of an Established Drinks Brand or Range
We are in search for the best overall design of an existing drinks brand that’s been repackaged and launched into travel retail within the past twelve months. The award will recognise the design which successfully executes the reasons for change, set within its original brief.
New Design Extension of an Established Drinks Brand
This award recognises the most innovative design of a new product launch or range from an already existing brand that’s been launched into travel retail within the past twelve months. Reasons for the design objectives and how this differentiates and compliments the established brand should be included with the submission.
Presentation Box Packaging of the Year
With eye catching drinks brands on offer at airport outlets, often it’s the design of the presentation box or gift set that captures the consumer’s attention and influences their purchasing decision. This award celebrates the best design for the travel retail sector.
Marketing Activation of the Year
This award will recognise the brand owner whose cross-media campaign is truly original, provocative and sets new standards in travel retail in-store brand promotion. Please provide us with photographic substantiation of your campaign or video footage.
Voting Closes Thursday 6th August
Click on a category name for information to consider when voting
AIRPORT BAR OF THE YEAR
We are looking for the most interesting and enjoyable airport bar for passengers. The nominated winner must have successfully showcased an original concept which is visible through its drinks offering.
- What is the objective of the airport bar?
- What is the brand concept?
- Is the brand concept reflected in its drinks offering?
- Is the brand concept reflected in the interior bar design?
- Is there food on offer at the operation?
- Is there any training to improve staff drinks knowledge to help customers?
- Does the bar run any promotional activities?
- What do they do to attract customers to the bar from inside the passenger terminal?
- Is the airport bar successful?
AIRPORT DRINKS RETAILER OF THE YEAR
We are in search for an innovative airport retailer either in a single location or multiple location . The nominated winner will have showcased exciting and unique experiences and service for its customers, as well as the highest standards in drinks retailing.
- Is there a strong group drinks retailing strategy?
- How many airport stores is there worldwide? In how many locations?
- What is the customer profile?
- Does the customer profile vary in different locations?
- Are there any interactive experiences for customers in store?
- Are there any exclusive promotional offers?
- What pricing and promotional strategies have been implemented?
- How are customers upsold in the retail store?
- How are customers engaged?
- Is the customer retail experience good?
- Does this turn into sales?
- Are there any unique drinks collections or exclusive products sold instore?
- How does liquor contribute to the overall sales in the retail operation?
- How has the retail experience improved for the customer?
- Are there options for retail browsing online?
- Are there any retail services?
- Is there any staff training to help improve their drinks knowledge and help customers?
FERRY/CRUISE DRINKS RETAILER OF THE YEAR
We are in search for a ferry or cruise line operator that sells alcoholic drinks creatively and successfully in this unique retail channel.
- How many drinks brands are available on their onboard shops?
- Has this company been successful in identifying which drinks brands appeal to their onboard passengers?
- Has the drinks offering been improved to passengers?
- Are there any promotional activations onboard?
- Have any pricing and promotional strategies been implemented?
- How are customers upsold in the onboard?
- Are customers engaged in the retail experience?
- Are there any retail services on offer?
MARKETING ACTIVATION BY A TRAVEL RETAIL OPERATOR
The nominated winner of this award must have delivered a successful campaign that highlights a drink offering whilst attracting consumers.
- Was the marketing concept unique?
- Did the campaign attract the target customer profile?
- Did the campaign attract potential customers?
- Was there an in-store activation?
- Was there an exclusive sales proposition?
- Where there any incentives or competitions?
- Were there any interactive experiences for consumers?
- Were many customers engaged in the marketing activation?
- Were there any onsite tastings?
- Was there any consumer engagement through social media?
PARTNERSHIP ACTIVATION OF THE YEAR - RETAILER AND SUPPLIER
In order to grow business, many airport retailers work together with drinks suppliers. The nominated winner for this award must have created exclusive experiences for customers that concluded in fantastic sales as a result of the partnership concept.
- How long did the initiative last?
- Was the initiative a unique concept?
- Were there any instillations for the initiative?
- Were there any promotional activations?
- Were customers engaged in the activation?
- Did both retailer and supplier achieve their objectives through the promotion?
DRINKS BUYER OF THE YEAR
We are in search for an innovative and proactive drinks buyer who has generated a positive impact within their retail operation during the past year.
- Has the drinks buyer implemented innovative ways to enhance the retail experience for their customers?
- Is the drinks buyer good at balancing commercial negotiations?
- Has the drinks buyer created new partnerships with drinks brands to improve the drinks offering in their retail operation?
- Have they actioned any exclusive promotional offers?
- What pricing and promotional strategies have they introduced?
- How are customers upsold in the retail store?
- Has the drinks buyer created new ways to increase foot traffic, engage customers and increase sales?